Wednesday, February 10, 2010

This balm heals my lips like no other - Review: The Lip Slip One Luxe Balm by Sara Happ


Today I will be reviewing (Yes! finally!) a lip balm by Sara Happ. The picture above comes from the official website, and below is the picture taken by me.
"The Lip Slip - One Luxe Balm" is a sister to "The Lip Scrub" which has many flavours to choose from. This lip balm is housed into a cute litte golden cardboard box which reflects light, the box gives a feeling of luxury. lol. The balm, is in candy-floss pink color with tiny golden shimmer in it.
FYI, the official website says: " the lip slip® is the latest from Sara Happ, creator of the cult favorite lip scrub line. A balm like no other, the lip slip® leaves no color, just the richest, glossiest hydration imaginable. Wear it all day. Wear it overnight. Results are immediate. We’d have it no other way."
Features of this lip balm: "Infused with Sweet Almond, Jojoba & Macadamia nut oils."
The inspiration for this lip balm comes from "The supple feel of a shimmery gold YSL calfskin bag. A bottle of Coco Chanel Mademoiselle. Your favorite camisole; soft, sweet, nude, girly
and grand. The world doesn’t need another lip balm. It needs the right one. Slip into this."
The balm smells like dessert and I adore the texture! It feels like butter, only better. It resembles the Nutella chocolate cream you use on bread with a spatula. it isn't sticky at all, and I use it during day and night and this thing heals my chapped lips like no other in a weather of -4 degrees celcius. My lips are fully hydrated and I can still feel the balm when I woke up (a sign of long-lastingness!). It doesn't give a tint or color on my lips, which is always a plus as I prefer nude lips. 15 grams in a jar might not be much, but you only need a tiny dip of your finger each time to spread it on your lips. This jar will last me for a year I reckon.

Here's a picture of the sheen and hydration this balm imparted on my lips, can you feel the smoothness and buttery-ness of the texture? Yum....


This balm is sold at USD $24 with 15g in the jar. If I ever run out of it, I will surely buy it again. Right now, I'm more interested to try its sister - The Lip Scrub. If I'm correct, the balm and the scrub are available only online at its official website!


6 comments:

  1. this lipbalm sounds wonderful! and it's packaged so beautifully!!!

    the ysl compact foundation has a light powder foundation smell like any other normal ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you definitely have got me lemming for it now! I really need a good lip balm, my lips are really dry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, and thanks for dropping by =)
    Here's the recipe I used for the caramels:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/caramels/detail.aspx

    I used HONEY instead of corn syrup (same idea, similar chemical reaction happening here to prevent the sugar crystals from forming when it cools), and cooked it to about 245degrees F. I used a candy thermometer (About $3 USD).

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i need it ASAP! my lips are chapping and its hideous ...so not kissable T.T

    surviving on JS lipBalm, Burt's Bee *yucks cuz its minty,menard lip treatment,even lip smackers...haigh all are subpar

    your lips does look plump & moist! luv luv!
    dont think there is any SaraHapp in tropical KL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks great! I'd never spend $24 on a lip balm, but wow, it looks tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ayurvedic Lip Balm: Herbal Elixir for Your Lips. Discover the age-old secrets of Ayurveda for your lips. Achieve softer, smoother lips with every application.

    ReplyDelete

LOVE to hear what you think <3 I'll try my best to respond to every comment!